2nd Line Support Engineer – Contract
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a global financial services company for Contract 2nd Line Support Engineer with a focus on providing 1st / 2nd Line support. The IT department contains teams for Infrastructure, Development, Testing, Business Intelligence, and Production Support. Fundamentals of the infrastructure include a core of Microsoft technologies across both the desktop and server estate, substantial presence in cloud computing environments e.g. AWS and Azure, enterprise hardware from vendors including Cisco, Fortinet, Avaya and Dell.
Role and Responsibilities:
• The role is to provide 1st and 2nd line levels of technical support to the business, covering all areas of IT deployed within the company
• Provide excellent customer service and be the first point of call for IT support queries from internal staff, this could be via phone, email, Teams, and face-to-face
• Take ownership of tracking and remediating security vulnerabilities within a given timeframe
• Administer the internal ticketing system and act upon requests for change and system access
• Diagnose a wide range of issues, from the user desktop environment to server applications
• Be able to spot potential technical vulnerabilities and suggest resolution
• Proactively monitor systems and take preventative measures to reduce system downtime
• Highlight possible trends from re-occurring incidents
• Update the internal knowledgebase with both technical guides for colleagues, and system usage procedures to aid customers
• Excellent experience with Microsoft technologies
• Active Directory and GPO administration
• Exchange administration
• Win10 desktop management using SCCM, WDS & WSUS
• Good general knowledge of networking and technologies: TCP/IP stack, concept of VLANs and firewalls, wireless configurations
• Experience in remediating vulnerabilities within a Microsoft environment, scanning tools such as Nessus or Qualys
• 2 years+ of 1st line technical helpdesk environment.
• 2nd line technical support experience.
• Experience of working within a change control environment or financial institution.
• Experience in virtualisation platforms such as VMware vSphere and ESX.
• Exposure to cloud based environments, e.g. AWS, Azure.
• Exposure to Microsoft Server 2012 – 2016.
• Exposure to administration of telephony platforms, ideally Avaya.
• Exposure to administration of mobile devices, ideally Apple iOS.
• Scripting ability with PowerShell.
•£270 Per Day
• Location: Reigate (Flexible working options)
• 6 Months Contract