2nd Line Support Analyst
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a global brand who’s work benefit us all and the natural world. Our client is seeking a 2nd Line Support Analyst to join their in house IT department who has strong capabilities Office 365, AD, VMware and an awareness of preventative management software. This role is paying a circa of £32,500 & Excellent Benefits & remote working options (Tuesday & Wednesday office presence)
• Accept escalated incidents and service requests from team members in the Service Desk and provide technical expertise to users to resolve the issue, ensuring to update and close tickets in line with D&T processes.
• Operate the prevention management and digital experience systems and tools to monitor the performance of IT systems and services and use the tools to identify issues and problems and initiate preventative measures, such as identifying and investigating suspect software and other components.
• Using prevention management systems, gather system performance data and log tasks in SNC.
• Design, develop and manage scripts and automated fixes to address issues that are identified through the prevention management systems, and working with colleagues undertake appropriate and adequate testing of fixes before implementation
• Respond to incidents, problems, and service requests through informed, assertive corrective actions e.g., a modification, restriction, complete removal of resources or services available, devise workarounds, correct faults, make general modifications, etc.
• Use the tools and techniques, including automation, machine learning and self-healing
• Apply tools, techniques, and processes to administer, track, log, report on, label and correct configuration items, components, and changes. Working with the team, perform audits to check
• Working with the team, identify opportunities for continuous improvement
• Undertake any other work that may be reasonably required from time to time including out of hours
Skills and Experience:
• Proficient with Windows and Apple operating systems, Office 365 and associated products and virtualization.
• Mobile device management and configuration
• Networking, TCP/IP, OSI
• Familiar with Active Directory, remote support technologies
• Experienced working to ITIL processes e.g., problem management, incident management, change control, etc.
• Familiar with programming and scripting languages e.g., PowerShell, Python, PHP (nice to have)
• Experience with digital experience systems and preventative management systems e.g., NexThink (nice to have)
• Familiar with customer service AI technology e.g., chatbots and service management systems e.g., SNC, Freshworks, TopDesk, etc. (nice to have)
• IT related computer qualifications – i.e., CompTIA
2nd Line Support Analyst