UX / Product Designer
A rapidly growing Fintech startup company, working with innovative software products, requires an experienced UX Designer / Product Designer to join their expanding team which collaborates to design and develop a suite of tools and platforms used by over 4000 global staff and its customers.
The successful UX designer will aid in the crafting of exceptional user experiences, whilst aiding the evolution of the company’s styles framework. The ideal candidate will possess solid visual skills and a have keen eye for detail – both in terms of the visual aesthetic; and for interaction and behavior.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Work with other projects and business stakeholders in the creation of designs from the macro requirements of an entire applications; too individual features contained within them; and at a micro level the subtle interactions of an individual component.
• Create high and low definition wireframes, interactive prototypes and visual documentation according to project requirements.
• Influence user research, and the evaluation of user feedback for consideration into future application functionality and evolution.
• Promote the UX design guidelines, best practices and standards
• Be the voice of the user, ensuring the business takes their needs into consideration
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Demonstrable experience working on data-heavy, enterprise level applications with a portfolio that displays not just the final product; but the design process explored whilst working to find the eventual solution.
• A tenacious approach to the design process, approaching requirements conceptually, visually and with a view to the experience across a broad range of screen sizes.
• An obsession with delivering the best possible solution, whilst working with an open mind-set and adaptable attitude to cope with changing requirements the business needs to make to adjust to market conditions.
• A compulsion to safeguard even the minutest of visual details and nuances are adhered too, ensuring the end user experience is exactly as designed.
• Proficiency with industry accepted prototyping tools and workflows. Whilst the development team are heavy windows users, the design team prefer Mac’s and use a combination of Adobe Illustrator and Sketch on desktop; and InVision, UXPin and Zeplin in the browser.
• Exposure to HTML/CSS development
• £50-60k basic salary
• Annual discretionary bonus
• £3k training budget
• 25 days annual holiday + birthday + buy or sell 5 days
• Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary
• Interest free train season ticket loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• Corporate gym membership scheme
• Free eye tests
• Company share options
• Free lunch daily and subsidised breakfast
UX / Product Designer