Test Manager (Business Continuity)
Rate: Up to £600 (Inside IR 35) – 12-month contract – Chatham or Wolverhampton – 95% remote working – 35 hour week
A highly reputable financial organisation is currently searching for an interim Test Manager who can lead the End to End test activity & test governance for the Operational Continuity and Resilience programme on a 6-month rolling contract paying up to £600 per day. This is an exciting time to join our client as they embark on a 2-year cloud transformation project.
You will lead the End to End test activity & test governance for OCIR Programme, specifically as part of the OCIR Data and Integration workstream. Technical specifications for Testing include the Strategic version of the OCIR Service Catalogue (ServiceNow) and associated reports and interfaces and the Bastion Automation for Continuity of Access testing.
In these activities, you will be assisted by the OCIR Programme Lead (Head of Operational Continuity and Resolution), and receive advice and information from the Technical PM and the assigned implementation consultants, the BA.
- Manage and deliver to the test strategy, approach and governance for Operational Continuity and Resilience programme, in line with the goals and objectives of the business.
- Coordinate and manage all testing activities, engaging with the OCIR stakeholders across the Group and third parties to drive positive Test outcomes.
- Define OCIR Test Delivery plan, milestones, environments and all test activities.
- Produce, define and monitor test metrics and KPI’s for each project and test phase.
- Conduct and manage quality assurance activities to ensure that the workstream is managed in line with agreed standards and KPIs
- Document test outcomes and manage retesting for areas not found to be satisfactory.
- Make all testing outcomes available to the OCIR Lead (2nd Line of Defence) and Internal Audit.
- Support both Functional & Non-Functional Testing requirements, engaging with third parties where appropriate.
- Work with OCIR Change team and key business stakeholders to ensure the various stages of the testing project delivery cycles are understood, accepted and approved by key stakeholders and delivered within the agreed timelines.
- Represent Testing in core working and steering groups for workstream, taking accountability for all Test deliverables within OCIR Programme.
- Effective planning and ongoing evaluation of resource capacity and utilisation of environments (including account conditioning for core testing and training environments.
- Attendance and representation for Testing at Workstream Programme reviews, providing updates on progress, resourcing, risks & issues.
- Assist and drive forward development of automated and manual workstream/programme testing strategies and approach where appropriate.
- Flexible approach to meet requirements of each testing phase this may involve working outside of core working hours/days and potential travel as and when required.
Essential Technical Skill Set:
- ISTQB/ISEB Practitioner Certificate in software testing (or demonstrate equivalent knowledge) essential
- Strong knowledge of SDLC/system testing/UAT framework
- Strong knowledge of Manual and Automation testing activities (Tools (HP Quality Center/ALM /Azure DevOps Test Plan etc.)
- Proven ability and experience of managing testing functions within FS organisation or Insurance
- Experience of using essential test tools (Detailed knowledge of System Testing, regression testing and User Acceptance frameworks is essential
Rate: Up to £600 PD (Inside IR 35) – 12-month contract – 95% remote working – Chatham or Wolverhampton – 35 hour week
Please respond to this advert with an up to date version of your CV and the leading consultant will be in touch.
Test Manager (Business Continuity)