Systems Engineer – Trayport Application Support – £80/£90k + Excellent Benefits – London
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Systems Engineer to join a major player in the Physical and Financial Global Commodity markets, with major trading centres in London, Geneva, Houston, Singapore, Shanghai and Beijing. We are looking for a hands-on senior technologist with exposure in the Commodities industry to support the Trayport applications.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the largest integrated energy and commodity trading companies in the world.
Role & Responsibilities
• Supporting of Commodity Trading and live position applications during trading hours.
• Support of CTRM and connected upstream/downstream applications for Intraday and End of day activities.
• Take appropriate actions to ensure that time-critical batch steps run. This may involve root cause analysis of issues and taking appropriate corrective actions
• Monitor applications availability and report issues pro-actively.
• Communicate with clients/vendors as required
• Good organizational skills in managing issues, projects and communicating to the stake holders.
• Log and prioritize tickets in the ticketing system.
• Work with the Service Desk to ensure requests are routed to appropriate resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
• Escalate service requests that require 3rd level support.
• Improve client service, perception, and satisfaction.
Essential skills & Experience
• 5 years of work experience in IT industry.
• Minimum 4 years of working experience in energy trading domain.
• Must have experience of working with Trayport systems.
• Must have experience of working in trading floor and supporting traders during peak hours.
• Working knowledge of OpenLink Endur system.
• Good experience with CTRM Application support including upstream/downstream systems.
(E.g. Understands business workflow, trade life cycle and operations)
• Diagnosis skills of technical issues related to programs in Java, .Net or any other programming language.
• Understanding of databases and analyzing SQL scripts.
• Should be able to support team members in different geographical regions.
• Motivated and willing to learn and work on different systems 3rd party and in-house developed
• Basic salary: £80K – £90K
• Very competitive bonus scheme
• Healthcare cover
• Dental coverage
• Pension fund