A leading financial services corporation is currently recruiting several SQL DBA’s as our client invests heavily into their technology capabilities, meaning you would be joining at a pivotal point in the growth plans. From a Data perspective, you will be involved in migrations, integration and transformation both on premise and cloud platforms. The chosen SQL DBA MUST have proven capabilities in SQL Server 2016+, Azure / AWS data platforms, scripting capabilities in PowerShell and preferably an MCSA qualification. This a permanent vacancy offering a salary up to £65,000, plus 15% bonus and a hybrid working environment to be based in either Chatham or Wolverhampton.
This role requires the SQL Database Administrator to manage the SQL database and applications teams and implement SaaS-based technology. The role involves hands-on technical skills in implementing and supporting SQL solutions, including writing SQL queries with a scripting language such as PowerShell to automate deployments, but no formal coding experience is required.
• Hands-on technical implementation using technologies such as SQL queries and PowerShell scripting.
• Deploying reliable SaaS solutions through repeatable processes and automation where possible.
• Providing technical and business consulting after determining scope of the implementation and resource planning.
• Producing technical proposals and managing risks and bottlenecks
• Act as escalation point within Infrastructure for Data Classification and Data Masking. Working closely with Data Governance and Data Protection to ensure data is protected at all time.
• Taking ownership of progress projects and delivering through from conceptual to production. Work with developers on continuous integration
• Undertakes impact analysis in order to performance tune and implement fit-for-purpose solutions that meet business requirements
• Provides advanced expertise in support pf all high-level technologies: Always On Availability Groups, Clusters, SQL Replication, Database Mirroring, and Log Shipping.
• Playing a lead role in database design and development
Technical skillset required:
• 5+ years of experience in database development either for ETL / Data Warehousing /MI and/or application development projects
• 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server; including 2016 and above
• Strong technical skills with scripting (PowerShell, T-SQL, etc.)
• 5+ years of experience reading and/or writing stored procedures to understand system behaviour
• 5+ years of experience in enterprise SQL/DB Management in a complex medium to large organisation operating in a regulated sector
• 5+ years of experience of Managing a SaaS estate with SQL Availability groups, SQL Clustering, HA
• 3+ years of experience in developing integrations of Azure or AWS data platforms to various type of external systems with the ability to recommend approach and technology covering Data Warehousing.
• 5+ years Advanced T-SQL is essential. The ability to use a range of T-SQL objects and design patterns to solve complicated data problems.
• 5+ years commercial experience
• with the Full Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
• 5+ years of knowledge of database design principles and proven experience of delivering soundly architected database solutions with MS SQL
• Understanding developments in SQL and data insights to champion the use of new tools and technologies
• Knowledge of Data Protection and Governance principles, particularly related to GDPR. These include but are not limited to Data Classification and Data Masking (static and dynamic)
• Experience in successfully managing change within a team or teams.
• Microsoft MCSA related to SQL Server or Database Development
• Hybrid Working
• Flexible Working
• 28 days holiday
• Generous contributory pension scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme (15%)