Senior Network Engineer
A leading financial services corporation is seeking Senior Network Engineer to lead on a number of exciting projects ad provide BAU Support. This is a fantastic opportunity which will give you the opportunity to gain exposure to a DC build, firewall upgrade, on premise to cloud migration and branch fit out within the next few months. This permanent role paying up to £60,000 plus bonus and hybrid working environment to be based just outside of Birmingham.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for installation, layout and maintenance of network infrastructure components within our clients network infrastructure defined by IT Manager; acting as a switching and routing SME within team and assisting in overall security and performance of estate from a best practice perspective.
As a third line escalation point for incidents and problems and change relating to the business’ network infrastructure, the Senior Network Engineer key purpose of this role is to support both project delivery and escalated BAU activity by ensuring the business has stable, performant and secure systems from a day to day operational perspective.
As a Senior Network Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Converting internal/external requests to low level network designs and performing the necessary due diligence to avoid any issues before any changes are implemented.
- Available to implement changes out of hours and support overnight issues when needed.
- Create and maintain technical documentation to share with global support teams.
- Ensure that changes and projects are being performed on time and safely.
- Perform Capacity Planning for the technology under responsibility and inform Area Manager.
- Build and maintain good working relationship with other technical teams.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to direct management line.
- Ensure the production environment and BCP are maintained in a robust and serviceable state
- Minimise operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing frequent controls.
Core skill set:
• 5 years minimum experience within a Networking / Infrastructure related role
• A valid CCNA / CCNP qualification (Must Have)
• Strong networking and telephony capabilities (VOIP, AVAYA, MITEL etc.)
• 5 years’ experience with DNS/DHCP/IP/TCP
• Strong skill in Network Security
• Strong switching, firewall and router exposure
• Ability to set up / configure a router un-aided
• Previous service desk exposure
• 3 years of previous experience supporting other critical technologies is desirable: AV Protection, Monitoring and configuration Systems, Virtualisation (VMware), Storage (Dell / HP Sans)
Rewards package: Competitive Salary up to £60,000, (annual salary reviews), plus 15% Discretionary Bonus
Benefits: 25 Days Holiday/Medical Cover/Life Cover/Pension/Flexible Benefits
Senior Network Engineer