Senior Network Engineer (CCNP)
A highly reputable organisation is currently recruiting a Senior Network Engineer on a permanent basis paying up to £60,000 & Bonus & Excellent Benefits on a permanent contract basis.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for installation, layout and maintenance of network infrastructure components within our clients network infrastructure defined by Head of Network Services; acting as a switching and routing SME within team and assisting in overall security and performance of estate from a best practice perspective.
As a third line escalation point for incidents and problems and change relating to the business’ network infrastructure, the Senior Network Engineer key purpose of this role is to support both project delivery and escalated BAU activity by ensuring the business has stable, performant and secure systems from a day to day operational perspective.
• Incident Management: All support request raised to support team will be managed with agreed service level agreement with the business.
• All Change Requests (CRs) and Project deliverables are expected to be delivered on agreed timelines and follow the Change Control process and managed effectively to ensure the professional and safe delivery into production environments, with the proper planning and due diligence to ensure production stability
• Problem Management: Ensuring recurring issues are addressed by the right process and recurring issues escalated to architecture.
• Knowledge sharing with other support staff to build good knowledge base and ensuring we move to value added project activities always having continual improvement in the back of our mind.
• Identifies, diagnoses and resolves/escalates technical problems related to network failure / integrity and usage of PC hardware and software.
• Monitors data traffic and controls network resource performance to ensure high-quality transmission.
• Second-line support presence for business-critical Network services, including voice and data.
• Support Network Services team in DR and BCP Test Verification of systems as per the yearly DR policy.
• Maintain and manage the bank’s IT infrastructure and associated systems in line with industry best practices.
Core skill set:
• 5 years minimum experience within a Networking / Infrastructure related role
• A valid CCNA / CCNP qualification
• Strong networking and telephony capabilities (VOIP, AVAYA, MITEL etc.)
• 5 years’ experience with DNS/DHCP/IP/TCP
• Strong skill in Network Security
• Strong switching, firewall and router exposure
• Ability to set up / configure a router un-aided
• Previous service desk exposure
• 3 years of previous experience supporting other critical technologies is desirable: AV Protection, Monitoring and configuration Systems, Virtualisation (VMware), Storage (Dell / HP Sans) and Support, IT Security (OpenDNS, Cloudflare, Splunk) and Web Infrastructure
Rewards package: Competitive Salary up to £58,000, (annual salary reviews), plus 15% Discretionary Bonus
Benefits: 25 Days Holiday/Medical Cover/Life Cover/Pension/Flexible Benefits
Senior Network Engineer