Senior Java Developer Andover
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to join a big brand in Andover. The Senior Java Developre will perform a leading role in developing high quality software solutions.
The role will initially be focused on driving forward our API strategy by designing and building RESTful API’s on top of our policy administration system. These API’s will be used to integrate with our Digital and Salesforce teams. The candidate will work closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts and Technical Architects to identify business needs, run proof of concepts and build production quality software.
Role of the Senior Java Developer
• Evaluating technical feasibility and running POC’s if required.
• Translating requirements and acceptance criteria into technical solutions.
• Producing well structured, efficient and reliable code within the agreed timescales, using the technologies selected for the solution.
• Maintaining an interest in the latest development tools and technologies and being prepared to use these in a fast paced environment.
• Running knowledge sharing sessions and code katas for the team.
• Applying development best practices and adhering to IT policies and standards.
• Ensuring that code is well tested using TDD where appropriate.
• Contributing to daily stand up meetings, sprint planning, sprint demos and sprint retrospectives.
• Providing accurate estimates for user stories and backlog items.
• Translating user stories and backlog items into logical units of work.
• Completing all necessary documentation to support the solutions delivered, ensuring this is accurate, concise and easy to use.
• Coaching and mentoring other developers in the team.
Requirements of the Senior Java Developer
• High level of expertise in delivering software solutions using Java & Spring
• High level of expertise designing RESTful API’s
• High level of expertise with SQL & PL/SQL
• Experience of end-to-end development of high-quality software applications on a wide range of medium to large scale projects.
• Experience of taking leading role in projects that have completed successfully.
• Experience of agile development approaches to fit large, complex, enterprise-level projects.
• Experience developing proof of concepts
• Experience of coaching and mentoring less experienced Software Developers in the team.
• Experience of working with project collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
• Interest in new tools and technology and their application in a business environment.
• Experience of rolling out new tools and technology and supporting the team through the process.
Tech Stack / Technical Requirements
• Minimum 5 years Java Experience
• Minimum 3 years Spring Experience
• Spring Boot
• SQL and PL/SQL
• RESTful API design experience
• API management, including versioning and documentation
• Git for source control
• Object-oriented development techniques and theories
• Knowledge of software design patterns
• Knowledge of application security
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
• Oracle Database Technologies
• Knowledge of cloud technologies
• Scrum & Agile experience
• A client side JS framework such as React/Angular