Project Manager – Business, Change Projects – Insurance – £70K
An excellent opportunity has arisen with our client, a market leading Financial Services organisation who are seeking a talented Project Manager to be based at their offices in Reigate, Surrey. The role is to join an exciting transformation programme which is shaping the future of the company.
The PM will be experienced in shaping and delivering Business and IT change projects to ensure projects are well planned and delivered to agreed scope, deadlines and budgets, to realise the agreed benefits. Experience of structured delivery (agile and waterfall), financial industry knowledge and track record of contract renewals is required.
Role of the Project Manager
Delivery & Planning
• Define project scope and deliverables that support business goals with senior management and stakeholders, ensuring risks identified and mitigated, resources identified, and preparatory work completed
• Effective, timely and clear communication of project expectations to team members and stakeholders
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools, to design and manage a realistic project master plan, revising forecasts where necessary
• Manage stakeholders from team members through to senior managers making sure there is buy-in, minimising road-blocks, and ensuring continued commitment.
• Determine the frequency and content of project team status reports, analyse results, and troubleshoot problem area
• Define project success criteria and disseminate to involved parties throughout the project life cycle
• Develop best practice and tools for project execution and management
People and Budget Management
• Estimate resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
• Where necessary, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required internal personnel and matrix manage.
• Develops and maintains robust relationships with key business and IT stakeholders to ensure business analysis, development, test and implementation activities are visible and in line with agreed expectations
• Ensures the smooth integration of new business processes/applications
• Work with the PMO to develop and continually improve project/ programme controls, methods and tools.
• Draft and submit budget proposals, recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Role model for Project Management disciplines
Operational and Quality Management
• Facilitate workshops for any aspect of the project including design, planning, tracking and problem resolution
• Ensure that the delivered project is maintainable and handed over with appropriate documentation
• Ensure sign off by appropriate review boards for key aspects of the project (e.g. technical solution)
• Contribute research into fit for purpose solutions that meet company and group standards
• Maintain awareness of and alignment with group and company change programmes
• Liaise with group on project, change controls and processes
Requirements of the Project Manager
• Good influencing and presentation skills in all aspects of project management
• Good awareness and application of PM tools
• Understanding of agile development in respect to IT delivery
• Effective prioritisation and execution of tasks in a high-pressure environment is essential
• Analytical and problem-solving capability to manage shifting priorities, demands and timelines
• Qualifications in project and programme management (e.g. Prince2 practitioner)
• Extensive project experience with proven track record of delivery
• Awareness of market trends in Insurance and IT industry