Linux Systems Administrator – AWS / Linux – Great package + bonus – Fully remote
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a market leading Fintech company for a passionate and Cloud savvy Linux Systems Administrator.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Support the implementation, running and upgrading of software products
• Monitor software products and underlying infrastructure and implement configuration changes to optimize products.
• Automate management of all application components using provided automation tools
• Document procedures and policies that relate to the IT systems you support in particular the application configuration.
• Manage all code deployments and environment sizing changes to controlled environments in a controlled, auditable manner
• Liaise with and manage client support teams as required for the Software Products you support
• Identify and implement appropriate monitoring throughout the enterprise and produce regular reports regarding availability, performance etc. Identify improvements to monitoring that will enable optimised alerting to identify issues rapidly
• On call rota – 1 week on with one day off in Lieu
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Solid AWS experience
• Experience administrating various Linux distros, Ubuntu OS/BottleRocket
• Proven experience in similar role
• Understanding of public clouds and hands on knowledge on building cloud based environments, particularly AWS and container orchestration
• Excellent communication skills, ability to work within cross-functional teams and delivery oriented
• Proven ability writing effective procedures and policies which can be used by other staff and are maintained within a review lifecycle
• Capable of writing code to deliver highly automated infrastructure environments that support the wider IT department using an agile methodology
• Experience operating 24x7x365 customer focused environment
• System administration level knowledge of Linux, Apache, Tomcat.
• Experience of software release management, git flow.
• Security focused
• Packer, Docker, Vault, Consul
• Certificate Management
• ELK stack, Prometheus, Icinga, Alert Manager
• Basic salary £40-55k
• 10% bonus
• Remote working
• Excellent pension scheme
• +many more