Lead DevOps Engineer – AWS – London
A fantastic FinTech organisation who work within the Insurance industry is searching for a Lead DevOps Engineer to support the infrastructure, software applications, development and integration teams within their chosen technologies.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Lead continual implementation and evolution of the AWS Cloud strategy and configuring new environments using automated tools.
• Oversee the design of DevOps processes and encouraging a new, tried and tested approach
• Drive automated management of all server components using Puppet, Packet, Ruby, Docker, Terraform
• Creating and managing KPI’s
• Support the software delivery process by identifying and providing appropriate pre-production environments.
• Manage all code deployments and infrastructure changes to control environments in a controlled auditable manner.
• Liaise with 3rd party vendors, hosting services and licence providers.
• Ensure robust Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Managements processes are in place and tested to make sure applications are fit for purpose.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Detailed experience as a Lead DevOps Engineer
• Excellent experience of Docker and Kubernetes
• 5+ years’ experience of AWS
• Scripting & coding experience, ideally with either Ruby or Python
• Experience operating 24x7x365 customer focused environment
• System admin level knowledge of Linux, Apache, Tomcat
• Knowledge of Terraform
•£120k basic salary
• Annual bonus of up to 10%
• 25 days annual leave (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
• Private medical cover and a range of benefits that you would expect from a great employer