Large Loss Handler -Peterborough- Fully Remote
My Client offers tailored insurance solutions to help you across all areas of your life, from home to motor claims. We are looking for someone to manage a portfolio of Large or Complex claims ensuring customers receive excellent service whilst managing claims costs and expenses within the scope of the insurance policy.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Excellent communications with policyholders, Suppliers and Loss Assessors for those aspects of the claim you are responsible for.
• Travel to policyholders’ homes to assess liability, record, value and negotiate claim settlement for contents items, arrange and manage alternative accommodation for policyholders.
• In conjunction with the Buildings Surveyor Team, drive settlement (cash or reinstatement) of the Buildings element of each claim in your control.
• Produce a Large or Complex report and deliver same to the Claims SMT within agreed timeframes.
• Maintain claim files to a very high standard ensuring that all documents, photographs and communications are accurately recorded in chronological order for audit, complaints analysis and client review.
• In liaison with the Building Surveyor Team, manage system claim reserves and payments ensuring that Total Incurred values are as accurate in the shortest period possible and maintained as such until the claim is concluded.
• Manage own diary, including where approved, the coordination of customer appointments for site visit and hotel accommodation for yourself if applicable.
Skills & Experience:
• At least 5 years previous experience of working in an insurance claims related handling role.
• High level understanding of insurance/indemnity policies and legal structure
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
• Accurate with a high level of attention to detail.
• Tact and assertiveness when dealing with customers who may be distressed or angry.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• PC literate with good administrative skills.
• Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary.
•£26k – £32k Basic Salary
• Car allowance
• Bonus Scheme
• + Excellent benefits
Large Loss Handler -Bristol- Fully Remote