IT Support Engineer – 1st, 2nd Line Support
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a leading financial for an Infrastructure Engineer to support their users and infrastructure environment.
• Provide excellent customer service and be the first point of call for IT support queries from internal staff, this could be via phone, email, Skype, and face-to-face.
• Administer the internal ticketing system and act upon requests for change and system access.
• Diagnose a wide range of issues, from the user desktop environment to server-side applications.
• Be able to spot potential technical vulnerabilities and suggest resolution.
• Pro-actively monitor systems and take preventative measures to reduce system downtime.
• Highlight possible trends from re-occurring incidents.
• Update the internal knowledge base with both technical guides for colleagues, and system usage procedures to aid customers.
• Work collaboratively with third party support services on diagnosing and troubleshooting issues.
• Strong 1st line technical help desk experience (1 years +) with proven track record of support.
• Excellent experience with Microsoft technologies with a focus on end-user administration and client workstation support:
• Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktop support experience in a business environment.
• Active Directory administration.
• MS Exchange administration.
• Good knowledge of managing mobile devices in a business environment, ideally Apple iOS devices.
• Knowledge of procedural best practice in a help desk environment.
• 2nd line technical support experience.
• Experience of working within a change control environment and/or financial institution.
• Administration of Windows Server 2008 – 2016.
• Exposure to Microsoft Sever 2012-2016
• Administration of VoIP telephony platforms, ideally Avaya.
• Management of workstations using systems such as System Center Configuration Manager, WDS, and WSUS.
• Exposure to virtualised system management e.g. VMware, Hyper-V etc.
•£25k-32K salary based on skills and experience
• Competitive bonus scheme
• Excellent pension
• Life assurance
• Flexible working
• Career progression
• Excellent package and many more