IT Support Analyst
A professional services corporation that operates in Central London is currently hiring an IT Support Analyst on a permanent contract basis who possess strong capabilities in Office 365, Azure and Microsoft Server. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an in house IT Support Team within a FTSE 250 corporation that provides itself on their values / culture.
The IT Support Analyst is responsible for providing support for all IT and telecoms systems at Head Office and portfolio marketing suites. This may include hands-on support, liaising with third party support companies, assisting in the Disaster Recovery functions and supporting other members of IT as required. The IT Support Analyst will also be heavily involved in project work both within Head Office, and within in the portfolio.
Core Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Administration and troubleshooting user account, email, printer, telephone and network problems;
• Management and reporting of third party vendors;
• Assist Head of IT in the budget process;
• Creation of technical documentation and manuals for employee or technical use;
• Lead and/or support on IT related projects when required at Head Office
• Management of software licensing;
• Responsibility for the asset inventory for all IT hardware and software
• Provide support to and accept escalations from the Desktop Support Analyst
• Provide cover for the Technical Solutions Engineer and assist with projects and creation/maintenance of Cloud infrastructure
• Responsible for sourcing and purchasing IT related systems/services as authorised by the Head of IT
• Manage and develop the company cyber security programme. Including training for company employees.
• Ensuring antivirus, computer and servers are patched in a timely manner with minimal business impact;
• Cloud Based Solutions ( Office 365, Azure, AWS)
• VMware, VDI
• Excel / PowerPoint
• Surface Pro Hardware
• Intune (nice to have)
• HP or CISCO network awareness
• WatchGuard Firewalls
• SQL experience would be a real nice to have!
• £35,000 – £40,000
• 20% Bonus potential
• 10% employee contribution
• 25 days holiday
• Private Health Care
• Season Ticket Loan
• Flexible working options – ability to flex hours, work from home, early finish at 5pm on Fridays and at 4pm before a Bank Holiday weekend)
IT Support Analyst