IT Project Manager – London – Global Brand
£55K – £62K + Excellent Package!!
An excellent opportunity has arisen with one of the world’s greatest companies. The purpose of this role is to deliver a variety of IT Projects to time, scope, budget and quality through appropriate resource allocation and planning, working with internal staff and Suppliers to achieve the required outcomes.
Role of the IT Project Manager
- Work with an assigned portfolio of work ensuring that a robust plan is built to support successful delivery.
- Take responsibility for the financial management of the assigned portfolio.
- Provide direction and leadership to project teams ensuring workload is prioritised and team roles are allocated to meet business needs.
- Ensure project governance standards are adhered to and robust to withstand audits.
- Responsible for programme management of the infrastructure project work, including reporting on progress, tracking dependencies and ensuring quality, focused outcomes.
Responsibilities of the IT Project Manager
- Taking a user centric focus, manage the assigned portfolio to ensure positive outcomes and benefits and that these are clearly articulated, agreed and understood by all stakeholders
- Plan, direct, and co-ordinate activities to manage and implement projects from contract /proposal /initiation to final operational stage including the transition into business-as-usual
- Using appropriate Project Management governance structures (e.g. AgilePM, Prince2 etc.), ensure projects are managed with continuous iteration, collaboration and quality at their centre and are robust to withstand audit scrutiny.
- Work with various colleagues to ensure the infrastructure programme is managed collaboratively and effectively, recognising and reporting on dependencies, changing priorities and new opportunities throughout the financial year.
- Assess the assigned portfolio for risks, issues and assumptions, communicating these, taking action and monitoring them throughout the project lifecycle.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the Digital & Technology project management methodology, supporting and contributing to an ongoing education process within the department and company to promote the methodology.
- To keep abreast with Industry best practice and seek out opportunities to create value using innovative products and services.
- From time to time act as Incident Lead for the Infrastructure Transformation Manager. Co-ordinating responses to Priority-1 incidents, supporting technical colleagues and managing communications.
- Undertake any other duties or projects that may reasonably be required from time to time, including working out of core hours
Requirements of the IT Project Manager:
· Extensive demonstrable Project Management background, preferably in an IT capacity but not essential.
· Demonstrable experience of Programme Management skills, specifically of complex, high profile, high risk work
· Effective budget management skills
· Proven experience of using Project/Programme Management Tools
· Experience of implementing mature project planning and control techniques
· Effective team and workload planning skills
· Experience of implementing risk management
· Demonstrable experience of working through procurement processes
· Technology background
· Knowledge of Cloud platforms
· Knowledge of PC and network technologies including Windows 10, telephony, load balancing, firewalls, AWS, Azure, VMWare, storage etc.
· Contract Management