IT Operational Risk Manager
A highly reputable financial services corporation is currently hiring an IT Operational Risk Manager who has strong capabilities in risk management controls ideally within IT infrastructure, Cyber security controls and FCA requirements / Regulatory frameworks (SYSC). This is a permanent role paying up to £50,000 & remote working & strong benefits to be based in Wolverhampton or Chatham.
The key purpose of this role is to support, develop and champion Operational Risk practices across the business focussing on IT and enhance the risk culture in the business by carrying out second line of defence control monitoring activities as part of the RCSA with a focus on IT Risks and provide any input, challenge and accurate reporting.
• Provide support to the Senior Operational Risk Manager to lead the design, embedding and ongoing review of an IT risk management control framework.
• Manage and continually review the first line IT risk management, controls and risk events via the Risk and Controls Self-Assessment (RCSA), attend any applicable meetings with the IT function.
• Ensure that appropriate Policies and processes are in place and embedded, to ensure IT and Cyber-crime is managed within the agreed risk tolerances.
• Develop and report on a suite of metrics to ensure that IT and Cyber-crime is monitored, controlled and reported upon appropriately.
• Maintain a future-orientated approach to identifying risks, assessing potential threats and providing threat intelligence on a regular basis to mitigate emerging risks, conducting further assessments where required.
• At least 3 years previous experience of working in a Financial Services or risk based environment is essential, in an Operational IT Risk Management role is desirable.
• 2 years previous experience of Risk assessment and measurement methodology is essential
• Previous experience of 2nd line themed review and operational risk management/assessment is desirable
• Detailed knowledge of Operational Risk Management processes and the associated regulatory requirements is essential
• Detailed knowledge of IT infrastructure and IT risks is essential
• Detailed knowledge of forensic computer analysis, firewall controls and logging and IT and Cyber security controls is essential
• Good knowledge of network security infrastructure and network connectivity to 3rd parties is essential
• Up to date knowledge of FCA requirements and Regulatory Framework relevant to role (SYSC) is essential
• Solid understanding of statistical analysis and modelling techniques is desirable
• £40,000 – £50,000
• 25 days holiday
• Generous contributory pension scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Free parking
IT Operational Risk Manager