IT Compliance Manager
A leading financial services corporation is currently recruiting an IT Compliance Manager who has experience working alongside the FCA/PRA and can meet the demands of IRB regulations. This is an exciting time to join our clients as they embark on an IT transformation and look to revolutionize their Business Continuity, IT Risk Management and Data Governance Framework. This is a permanent contract paying up to £55,000 per annum + excellent benefits + generous bonus + hybrid working to be based in Chatham or Wolverhampton.
This role is crucial to ensure that the various systems, processes and controls delivered by IT to support our clients are compliant with the various regulations that apply to their domain. Similarly, our client recognises the vital importance of having reliable data and information and is committed to ensuring high standards of Data Quality. Care is taken to ensure that the data and information used to support decision-making is accurate, valid, reliable, timely, relevant and complete in line with the Group Data Governance Framework.
- Draft, modify and implement IT Compliance policies.
- Research, plan and lead detailed reviews to assess compliance with applicable policies and regulations.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company, as well as evolving best practices in compliance control.
- Assess the business’s present and future projects and other undertakings to identify possible IT compliance risks
- Evaluate the efficiency of compliance-related controls and improve them continuously.
- Partner with internal IT auditors to monitor progress and to provide input on audit observations on compliance matters
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
- Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training
- Collaborate with internal teams, IT leadership and HR departments to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations.
- Work collaboratively with the CISO and Information Security teams to identify and manage privacy, data protection risks, and compliance requirements to help meet stakeholder and regulatory expectations.
- Prepare reports for steering committees, senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Actively partner with management, business teams, and data teams to implement solutions.
- Ensure that you fully understand and comply with the organisation’s Risk Management Policies as they relate to your area of responsibility and demonstrate in your day-to-day work that you put customers at the heart of everything you do;
Core skill set:
- Experience managing IT Compliance projects within financial services.
- Experience working as an IT Compliance Manager
- Experience working in a complex corporate technology estate where IT compliance has been implemented to industry standards
- Solid knowledge of policies and procedures such as GDPR, FCA COBS and PRA CRR, together with the regulatory demands of IRB and similar regulated banking activities
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of audit standards and practices and control frameworks
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of information security policies, standards, and guidelines
- Extensive knowledge of data management, data governance and data quality
- Knowledge of reporting procedures and record-keeping
£48,000 to £55,000 / 15% Bonus / Work from home options / Flexible working / 25 Days Holiday / Medical Cover / Life Cover / Pension / Flexible Benefits
IT Compliance Manager