A highly reputable FTSE 250 finance corporation is recruiting an experienced Infrastructure Manager with prior experience implementing complex on premise/cloud solutions from a strategic/technical leadership perspective. You will work alongside the IT Operations Manager, reporting to the Group Head of Infrastructure Operations, managing a team of three to five direct reports overseeing a portfolio of Global Projects. The chosen candidate MUST have a strong understanding of technologies such as Citrix, VMware, AWS and Azure and provide technical leadership to a team of SMEs. This vacancy is paying a circa of £75,000 + 15% + excellent benefits with an expectance to be on-site 3 days per week based in Chatham or Wolverhampton.
The role is essential to the organisation and will be seen as a technical expert within their field, resulting in extensive involvement in project planning for future services and maintenance and upgrade planning for existing. This role holder would be expected to provide technical assurance for all changes within the remit of their technology tower and be accountable for the stability of their technologies.
• Identifying weaknesses within the existing infrastructure environment.
• Overseeing the delivery of agreed technology improvements.
• Reviewing and updating the environment risk log.
• Assist in diagnosing operational issues and reviewing any proposed complex technical solutions.
• Participating in operational change control procedures, providing guidance, options and vetoing as required.
• Reviewing RCA reports on issues to verify the conclusions & recommend preventive actions.
• Investigating problems in systems and services.
• Supporting audit activity.
• Supporting the Infrastructure support team.
• Supporting Lifecycle Management and the Lifecycle project.
• Hand-on design and development
Core skills required;
• 10+ years’ experience working at the senior level in an IT-focused role
• 5+ years’ experience working in cloud-based environments, preferably AWS or Azure.
• Ability to oversee multiple projects at once on a global basis.· Proven team management experience of up to 25 technical specialists with different skills and experience, including architects, engineers and service managers.
• Advanced experience of capacity planning and performance analysis for high availability IT service.
• The ability to lead, motivate, inspire and influence others with enthusiasm and passion for IT and Digital Transformation.
• A high level of professional knowledge is demonstrated by an appropriate professional qualification or equivalent and evidence of continuous professional development.
• Knowledge of the digital environment and technological advances.
• Demonstrable experience of leading, planning and implementing successful digital transformation and IT development and support services.
• Experience in designing and implementing performance reporting across multiple teams.
£65,000 – £75,000 / 15% Bonus / Work from home options / Flexible working / 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays / Medical Cover / Life Cover / Pension / Flexible Benefits