Head of Software Development – Surrey – Insurance – Excellent Package + Excellent Benefits – Remote Working
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Development with one of the biggest names in the insurance industry. The successful candidate will have responsibility for multiple software development teams and will be the driving force behind the growth of the business in this area. The role demands significant technical knowledge and managerial experience, particularly of ecommerce sites and web services. This is an excellent opportunity with significant career development opportunities.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Play a proactive role in proposing technologies, tools & approaches.
• Manage the delivery of a number of software developers.
• Help grow the development practice.
• Identify and manage engagement risks and flag major issues early.
• Ensure adequate process control.
• Own and operate one or more engineering teams.
• Outstanding technical background in software delivery coupled with excellent leadership, communication and management skills.
• Expertise and experience in leading teams in delivering products and projects in a variety of methodologies, with a particular focus on Scrum.
• Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful projects / products throughout its lifecycle.
• Experience of managing front end, back end, data engineering, QA and Platform software engineers
• Experience of managing an Agile team.
• Senior stakeholder management skills
• Experience working within an Azure cloud environment.
• Previous hands on experience from a development background (.NET).
Salary / Benefits:
• Excellent basic salary
• Annual bonus
• 13% company pension contribution
• Life assurance
• Private medical
Head of Software Development – Surrey – Insurance – Excellent Benefits – Remote Working