Head Of Development
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a global data driven fintech who provide services to the worlds leading banking, ecommerce and telecommunication companies, based in Slough.
Role & Responsibilities:
This position will work closely with the Pre-Sales teams, architects and client/business team to provide confidence in the understanding of client needs.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• A professionally recognised qualification in IT
• 10+ years of Information Technology experience
• 8+ years of recent hands-on development experience in Java/J2ee, Rest, Weblogic, Tomcat, JMS, Python, Ruby on Rails, Spring framework, Clojure, Groovy, Hibernate, Maven, etc. (Some required)
• Experience with architecting, developing and deploying software in the AWS cloud
• Previous roles provided hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL and relational database design in one or more of the following (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, SQL server or other RDBMS platform)
• Experience with workflow, publishing, analytics, portal, mobile, security, cloud and big data and other leading edge technologies.
• Understanding of design patterns and experience with DevOps automation, continuous integration and testing framework
• 5+ years of heading a development team in an enterprise technology environment.
• Experience building Development roadmaps, monitor industry trends and directions; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management.
• Provide leadership on enterprise technologies and platforms such as portal, workflow, publishing, REST, SOA, caching, cloud and analytics, mobile and others and ensure alignment to standard technologies
• Knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solutions incrementally.
• Design/promote CI/CD practices across the application portfolio
• Work on initiatives with diverse scope where analysis of design requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current industry trends
• Lead functional teams & contribute to the achievement of Architecture and IT objectives
• Experience with performance engineering and performance tuning in multiple areas of the development stack.
• Proven and demonstrable experience in architecting, crafting and implementing high volume, high availability systems, complex enterprise wide projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized architecture domains.
• Experience with relational data modelling and Domain Driven Design
• Basic annual salary £85k
• Excellent annual bonus
• Private Healthcare
• Pension scheme