Grid Computing Technical Lead – HPC / Azure – Investment Banking – Remote Working – £80,000 – £90,000 + Excellent Benefits.
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a leading investment bank in the heart of the City on for a Grid Computing Expert to support and develop the High Performance Grid (HPC) and Azure Batch platforms, to ensure the Front Office Systems division has a stable and efficient platform for performing their required workloads.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Ensure the availability, stability and performance of the High Performance Computing (HPC) and Azure Batch platforms are suitable for the business requirements.
• Support the end-users from the Front Office Systems division.
• Oversee and implement the upgrade from HPC 2012 to HPC 2019.
• Liaise with the Windows platform for the upgrade of the Windows servers from Windows 2008/ 2012 to Windows 2016.
• Implement automated monitoring and housekeeping of the platform.
• Review and optimise the existing PowerShell scripts as well as extend the automation functionality further.
• Stay informed of the latest developments within Grid Computing.
• Review the existing on-premise and cloud-based platform and make recommendations for cost-savings, and increasing performance.
• Perform daily housekeeping and maintenance checks to ensure the grid is constantly available and performant.
• Provide subject matter expertise for Grid Computing
• Mentor and train junior members of the team to support the platform.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Grid Computing experience (including Microsoft HPC and Azure Batch)
• Microsoft Azure
• Experience automating manual processes
• Experience with other Grid Computing solutions
• Red Hat Linux experience
• Strong PowerShell Scripting skills
•£80,000 – £90,000 basic salary
• Excellent benefit package
• Generous bonus
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays