Environment Configuration Manager – £675 PD – 6/12 months
A leading financial corporation is currently hiring an Environment Configuration Manager to lead a team and build out the cloud (Azure/AWS) / automation strategy for an enterprise corporation overseeing DevOps, Engineering, and Service Delivery & Test to define our client’s non-production environment strategy. This is an exciting opportunity where you will essentially have a blank canvas to help our client transform their cloud infrastructure. Ideally, you will be well versed in AWS or AZURE and have had some exposure to Automation (Terraform, Kubernetes, etc.)
The role is essential to the organisation and will be seen as a technical expert within their field; this would result in extensive hands-on involvement in project planning for future services and maintenance and upgrade planning. This role holder would be expected to be hands-on and provide technical assurance for all changes within the remit of their technology tower and be accountable for the stability of cloud-based solutions.
• Automation and Configuration of Cloud Solutions
• Provide ongoing support to functional business areas concerning configuring and baselining environments
• Create configuration documents utilising a consistent approach; that aligns with SMART.
• Maintain the Configuration Management (CM) database within ServiceNow
• Lead, update and recommend improvements to existing configuration management processes and procedures based on the latest trends and efficiencies
• Through various Engineering teams, manage enhancements to the Configuration Management tools
• Review, analyse and present resolutions to configuration challenges and issues.
• Work with DevOps, Engineering, Service Delivery & Test to define OSB’s non-production environment strategy.
• Strong capabilities in AWS or AZURE
• Exposure to Terraform / Kubernetes would be highly advantageous
• Previous experience with managing engineers
• Background as an Engineer (Platform, Software or equivalent) and a good understanding of technical aspects
• Experience working in Cloud-native environments
• Demonstrable experience in growing and motivating team members
• Excellent influencing skills with people at all seniority levels
• Ability to prioritise under pressure in a range of situations
• Good understanding of Agile methodologies
ASAP start / 2 stage interview process – 6-12 month project
Cloud Platform Engineering Manager – £675 PD – 6/12 months