This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a leading tech consultancy specialising in chat and voice bots, machine learning, IoT, artificial intelligence, blockchain, and EAS, app, and web development. It is a fast paced working environment where employees are exposed to bleeding edge technologies.
Role & Responsibilities:
As a Development Manager you will lead a team made up of junior, mid-level and senior Developers; whilst leading and managing web applications, web technologies and web standards (including accessibility) across the Digital Development teams and products. The role will be 80% hands off.
• Build and lead a team or 20+ engineers through mentoring, feedback and hands on approach.
• Encourage a timely delivery or technical solutions to address client needs
• Review codes
• Manage applications in production
• Guide the team in the design and development of highly scalable and performant systems
• AWS (Must be certified)
• Hands on coding experience (We don’t mind what language)
• 4 years’ experience of leading engineering teams in an agile environment
• Strong development experience working in a Cloud and Microservice environment
• Knowledge of project management tools and processes
• Experience managing products in production
• Experience of agile software development methodologies such as, SCRUM
• An advanced understanding of the principles of digital web design and architecture
• Strong experience of build and build automation
• Experience of recruiting, setting up and managing high performance teams
• £60k basic salary plus excellent bonus structure
• Great benefits