Desktop Support Specialist
A market leading financial company requires an experienced Desktop Support Specialist to work as a part of the Desktop Support Team covering 1st 2nd and 3rd line support to the organization. This role will be primarily London based.
• Work with the Service Desk, Desktop and Infrastructure Teams in support of BAU processes
• Provide 1st 2nd and 3rd line IT support to users
• Diagnose and repair hardware faults
• Work with staff to help resolve issues and provide extended support i.e. within Exchange and AD; if needed
• Create and maintain internal and customer facing documentation and support material
• Interface with other teams across the organisation in order to establish and enforce best practices and standards
• Keep abreast of advancement in technology solutions and offerings and recommend change where required.
• Keep a learning attitude to changes and developments
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members
• To be very aware of security issues and keep our environment safe and secure
• The ability to train users on the systems we have knowledge of
• Have flexibility in the hours worked and some travel between offices across the UK
• Excellent technical knowledge of the Windows operating system as well IT hardware including desktops laptops and phone systems.
• A strong knowledge of Exchange and Active Directory is also required for both on-prem and cloud systems.
• A good understanding and experience of cloud-based software is essential, particularly Microsoft 365 and a clear knowledge of Windows 10 deployment and configuration within SCCM.
• The Specialist will be working closely with staff to help resolve issues, so will be covering 2nd line calls; but will have the ability to advance fault find into other Infrastructure systems to be able to fix more at first call.
• The role requires someone with excellent problem-solving skills. They will take responsibility and ownership of customer incidents and requests keeping tickets updated in line with SLA and quality standards while working as a team with the engineers and working alongside other teams.
• They will have a very high caring attitude to the job and to staff with a passion for the job.
• They will be flexibility to work in different location as the job requires.