Data Warehouse Developer – £65K + 25% Bonus + Excellent Package
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a leading financial for a Data Warehouse Developer to join there Reigate DW Team. You will work within a project heavy environment to implement, support and maintain Financial Data Warehousing solutions in line with the Company’s architectural vision, data strategy, and in accordance with departmental project standards and practices, in addition provide business users with insight
Skills and Knowledge
- Develop Bespoke Solutions – To develop high-quality bespoke Financial Data Warehousing solutions using appropriate, industry-standard tools, technologies and languages. Aligned to the organizational target architecture and data strategy.
- Technical Documentation – To ensure that high-quality documentation is developed, maintained, regularly reviewed and stored for all solutions developed and all operational processes.
- Quality Assurance – To perform peer reviews of solutions and documentation in order to ensure that procedures and standards are followed consistently. Continuously work towards the objective of building in quality and provide appropriately tested solutions.
- Continuous improvement – To contribute to the improvement of solutions, and project and development processes.
- Service Desk Requests – To act as second and third-line support in undertaking tasks assigned via Service Desk.
- Operational Process Support – Support, execute and administrate weekly and monthly processes within the bespoke Financial Data Warehousing solutions.
- Agile Techniques – Actively participate and contribute to adoption of agile practices.
- Release and Deployment – Preparation of all release content and documentation, ensuring it is fit for purpose when required. Take an active role in continually improving deployment capability and maximising deployment reliability and quality in all environments.
- Maintain competence – To maintain your own competence and personal development.
- Demonstrable skills in Data warehousing, Data Lake and Big Data solutions.
- Good understanding of SQL Server technologies (T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI)
- Good understanding of automated testing and continuous integration using Microsoft Release Manager.
- Demonstrable skills in database concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles. Translates object and data models into appropriate database schemas within design constraints.
- Demonstrable experience within Microsoft applications and platforms.
- A team player to provocatively work in an agile project environment.
- An aptitude for data solutions and the ability to understand and manage complex concepts.
- A willingness to learn new skills and adopt to new technologies.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written and knowing when to use them.
- A Financial Services background
- A mathematical background would be strongly desirable
- Understanding of SQL Server technologies (DQS, MDS, BIML, T4, SSAS)
- Knowledge and experience of the Azure Data Platform (SQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse, Data Factory, Data CatLog, Power BI, Event Hubs, Data Lake Store, Azure ML, HD Insight, Stream Analytics)
- Exposure to Big Data technologies such as the Hortonworks Data Platform
- Exposure to C# or VB.NET
- Exposure to R
- Exposure to Python
Exposure to PowerShell