Cyber Security Analyst
This opportunity will be 100% remote interview process with the scope to start 100% remotely due to the current COVID 19 situation utilising Microsoft Teams.
A leading FTSE250 financial organisation are currently hiring a Cyber Security Analyst who has strong capabilities analysing and preventing a range of criminal/malicious threats both internal and external across IT Infrastructure, Data and Business Systems. This an exciting time to join my client as they merge with another leading corporation and construct a new Information Security Department as they embark on a new journey.
The chosen Cyber Analyst will be responsible for providing accurate and priority-driven analysis on cyber activity and threats. You will have a chance to apply IT forensics, coordinate cyber incident response testing and perform regular operational health checks to business-critical financial applications.
Core role responsibilities:
• Provide accurate and priority-driven analysis on cyber activity and threats
• Define and coordinate cyber incident response testing to assess capabilities and breach preparedness
• Coordinate with IT to conduct investigations of cyber incidents or other security incidents utilising various tools and sources to reverse engineer malware and identify attack vectors to provide an accurate account
• Apply IT Forensics methodologies and practices to preserve digital evidence for criminal investigations
• Perform threat hunting within the corporate IT environments to detect historic or active malicious/unauthorised activity
• Act as a trusted advisor to identify enhancements or new capabilities and technologies for identification, prevention, detection and recovery of cyber indents.
• Perform regular operational health checks and monitor the availability of cyber services and technologies to ensure effectiveness
• Treat all instances of potential malware attachments, phishing e-mails and similar attempts to bypass perimeter or internal controls
• Develop innovative monitoring and detection solutions using tools and advanced scripting
• Maintain incident logs and tickets with timely status updates
• Publish official reports and Exec summaries for all major cyber incidents
• Identify and create appropriate controls within the SIEM and other security solution to prevent and detect security incidents.
• 4 years of Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Centre (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Centre (SOC) experience is essential
• Expert knowledge of SIEM platforms and architectures, IT Forensics and real-time endpoint inspection tools
• 4 experience in performing log analysis for various log formats and sources (FWs, servers, network devices, IPS, DLP etc.)
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, analytical and decision making skills
• Intermediate to advanced level cyber security certifications
Salary & Benefits:
• £78,000 circa pa, (annual salary reviews)
• Plus 25% Bonus
• Work From Home Options, Flexible working
• Benefits: 30 Days Holiday/Medical Cover/Life Cover/Pension/Flexible Benefits
If you could please respond to this advert with an up to date version of your CV and the leading consultant will be in touch.
Cyber Security Analyst