A leading FTSE-250 financial organisation is currently hiring a Cyber Analyst who has previous experience creating Greenfield security solutions for a medium sized corporation. This is an exciting opportunity where you will be responsible for the creation and implementation of cyber capabilities within the operational environment and take the lead on the integration of new cyber security platform using the latest tools, frameworks and technologies. This is a permanent role paying up to £78,000 + 25% bonus with flexible working options / work from home days.
The ideal candidate must have strong technical capabilities in one or more of the following – firewalls, networks, DLP, malware management, SIEM, mitre attack framework and cyber kill chain.
Core role responsibilities:
• Provide accurate and priority-driven analysis on cyber activity and threats
• Define and coordinate cyber incident response testing to assess capabilities and breach preparedness
• Coordinate with IT to conduct investigations of cyber incidents or other security incidents utilising various tools and sources to reverse engineer malware and identify attack vectors to provide an accurate account
• Apply IT Forensics methodologies and practices to preserve digital evidence for criminal investigations
• Perform threat hunting within the corporate IT environments to detect historic or active malicious/unauthorised activity
• Act as a trusted advisor to identify enhancements or new capabilities and technologies for identification, prevention, detection and recovery of cyber indents.
• Perform regular operational health checks and monitor the availability of cyber services and technologies to ensure effectiveness
• Treat all instances of potential malware attachments, phishing e-mails and similar attempts to bypass perimeter or internal controls
• Develop innovative monitoring and detection solutions using tools and advanced scripting
• Maintain incident logs and tickets with timely status updates
• Publish official reports and Exec summaries for all major cyber incidents
• Identify and create appropriate controls within the SIEM and other security solution to prevent and detect security incidents.
• 3 to 4 years’ experience in Cyber Security related position
• Proven experience implementing Cyber Security processes within a corporation
• Strong understanding of the Cyber Kill Chain / Mitre Attack Framework
• Expert knowledge of SIEM platforms and architectures, IT Forensics and real-time endpoint inspection tools
• 4 experience in performing log analysis for various log formats and sources (FWs, servers, network devices, IPS, DLP etc.)
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, analytical and decision making skills
• Intermediate to advanced level cybersecurity certifications ( GIAC, CISSP, CISM, CEH, SANS )
Salary & Benefits:
•£78,000 circa pa, (annual salary reviews)
• plus 25% Bonus
• Work From Home Options, Flexible working
• Benefits: 30 Days Holiday/Medical Cover/Life Cover/Pension/Flexible Benefits
If you could please respond to this advert with an up to date version of your CV and the leading consultant will be in touch.