Application Support Analyst ( SQL )
This opportunity will be 100% remote interview process with scope to start 100% remotely due to the current COVID 19 situation utilising video conferencing.
A leading organisation that operates throughout Europe is currently recruiting an Application Support Analyst who possess strong experience utilising different flavours of SQL, supporting business / ERP systems and an interest to move into software development. The chosen Application Support Analyst will join small team based in Dover on a permanent contract basis and be given the opportunity to gain exposure to Azure, 365, and Software Development.
The candidate will apply critical thinking in supporting and delivering services to a constantly evolving business and technical landscape. Strong relationships will be established with IT stakeholders to understand support requirements how the supported systems are used.
Working within the IT department you will provide technical expertise in the area of application support, analysing business requirements and processes in order to identify and implement added value to the IT services supporting the business and its operations.
• Facilitate and liaise between application super users and IT technical teams where there are interdependencies with other applications.
• Identify, track and resolve application problems on a day-to-day basis, including evening and weekend support, as required.
• Responsible for your application environments to support unit, regression, and user acceptance testing. Work with other Analysts on designing and operating data interfaces and APIs.
• Administer routine and non-routine procedures for application use and security access; monitors KPIs and gathers performance metrics for the systems assigned.
• Create or update standardized application support documentation.
• Work with analytics team in identifying table relationships and data behaviour within your supported system.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• Solid SQL querying experience, and experience with report writing software.
• 2 – 5 years working with process/functional owners and providing 2nd level operational support for large business
• An awareness of Office 365 or Azure would be extremely beneficial.
• Experience of Microsoft SQL or Oracle database administration (SQL must have)
• Exposure to ERP systems from a support perspective.
• Experience with RFPs, and a full application life-cycle.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt; to understand business usage of the system and make suggestions for improvement.
• Self-starter and results driven. Able to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner, with minimum guidance or prompting. Proactive, dependable and positive attitude
• Coordinating application deployments across multiple stakeholder groups.
Salary and Package:
• 25 days holiday
• Generous contributory pension scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Free parking
• Experience working within a diverse environment
If you can please send across your up to date CV and the leading consultant will be in contact.
Application Support Analyst (SQL)