3rd line Support Analyst- Sidcup- c£45k
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a market leading Managed Service Provider for a 3rd Line Support Analyst to ensure the progression and swift resolution of tickets logged with the Service Desk and supporting the customer’s infrastructure including server, storage, network, data and applications as well as occasional project based work.
Our client is a highly regarded, award winning company that provides high-level support to recognised businesses, and are continuously expanding.
Role and Responsibility:
• Handle escalated calls from first/second line Service Desk
• Administer and maintain customer infrastructure, including Active Directory, Azure AD, LAN, Internet access, firewalls and Exchange/Office 365
• Administer VMware and Citrix Infrastructures including SAN environments
• Monitor and troubleshoot server and network performance utilising the monitoring system to ensure any necessary action is taken
• Administer backup and disaster recovery systems and processes
• Management of relationships with third parties and suppliers
• Keep operational documentation up-to-date
• Act as technical lead when part of a major incident’s virtual team.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019 including NLB and clustering
• Excellent knowledge of VMware vSphere 5.0+ in an enterprise environment
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server and Office 365
• Thorough knowledge/experience of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and vLANs
• Strong Knowledge of backup and DR services (Backup Exec, Datto, Azure)
• Experience in installing, configuring and managing Cisco switches, firewalls and routers.
• Good knowledge of Avaya phone systems and Gamma Horizon.
• Knowledge of iSCSI/Fibre channel Storage Area Networks, such as EMC
• Knowledge of Windows Script Host/VBScript/ PowerShell
• Experience of patch management deployment/Windows Software Update Services
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7-10
• Ability to perform Research and Development into systems in preparation for implementation/third line support
• Previous experience working for a Managed Service Provider
• Experience in financial services, legal and the not-for-profit organisations
• c£45k based on skills and experience
• Generous bonus
• Excellent benefits package
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays