2nd Line Support / Prevention Analyst
·Location: London (2 days per week + remote working options)
·Salary: up to £32,500 + excellent benefits and bonus
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a global brand who’s work benefit us all and the natural world. This is truly an exceptional organisation. The position provides proactive services supporting at 2nd line and involves prevention management.
Technical Support: Provide 2nd line technical support to the end user IT systems and services resolving service requests and incidents with the technologies and services.
Problem Management: Resolve problems with the end user IT systems and services and implement remedies to prevent future incidents.
Prevention Management: Use the digital experience and prevention management systems to monitor end user experiences with IT systems and services and take intervening action on any issues before they become incidents driving overall ticket counts down and individual productivity up.
- Accept escalated incidents and service requests from team members in the Service Desk and provide technical expertise to users to resolve the issue, ensuring to update and close tickets in line with D&T processes.
- Operate the prevention management and digital experience systems and tools to monitor the performance of IT systems and services and use the tools to identify issues and problems and initiate preventative measures, such as identifying and investigating suspect software and other components.
- Using prevention management systems, gather system performance data and log tasks in SNC.
- Design, develop and manage scripts and automated fixes to address issues that are identified through the prevention management systems, and working with colleagues undertake appropriate and adequate testing of fixes before implementation
- Respond to incidents, problems, and service requests through informed, assertive corrective actions e.g., a modification, restriction, complete removal of resources or services available, devise workarounds, correct faults, make general modifications, etc.
- Use the tools and techniques, including automation, machine learning and self-healing
- Apply tools, techniques, and processes to administer, track, log, report on, label and correct configuration items, components, and changes. Working with the team, perform audits to check
- Working with the team, identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Undertake any other work that may be reasonably required from time to time including out of hours
Skills and Experience:
- Proficient with Windows and Apple operating systems, Office 365 and associated products and virtualization.
- Mobile device management and configuration
- Networking, TCP/IP, OSI
- Familiar with Active Directory, remote support technologies
- Experienced working to ITIL processes e.g., problem management, incident management, change control, etc.
- Familiar with programming and scripting languages e.g., PowerShell, python, PHP
- Experience with digital experience systems and preventative management systems e.g., NexThink
- Familiar with customer service AI technology e.g., chatbots and service management systems e.g., SNC, Freshworks, TopDesk, etc.
- IT related computer qualifications – i.e., CompTIA